Interim Management, Guidance and Oversight
“Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.” Marie Curie
Our staff and associates offer extensive experience in directly managing public services and supporting others in management roles. Having worked in central and local government, the NHS, voluntary and community organisations and the partnerships that bring them together our knowledge helps us to provide you with well-informed, pragmatic support and reassurance.
Projects we are working on or have delivered include:
- Development of a Strategic Commissioning Framework for People in the London Borough of Redbridge.
- Business planning documents for Workplace in Newham.
- An evaluation of the Anti-Social Behaviour Strategy in Waltham Forest.
- Development of a project to transform chaotic lives in the London Borough of Greenwich.
- Policy advice for Children’s Services including producing the Children and Young Peoples Plan and its annual evaluation for the London Borough of Redbridge.
- Interim Director of Business and Operations in NHS Improvement.
- Interim Director of Integration and Implementation on the national NHS improvement programme (Getting it Right First Time)
- Interims for Head of Strategy and Head of Policy and Performance in Redbridge Council.
- Managed program evaluations for economic development programmes across the Olympic Host Boroughs.
- Project management of the co-location of staff from 5 different organisations to provide an integrated job forecasting and job brokerage service for work on the Olympic site.
- Coaching support for middle and service managers.
- Worked as part of a SOLACE team to complete two recruitment and selection exercises for Swale District Council.
“The planning documents prepared for us by Urban IQ are of a very high quality.” Derek Barrett, Newham Workplace.
Feedback from coaching
“The great thing about our sessions is that you guided me to recognise goals and action items that I already knew but was too scared to acknowledge. I felt that I could ask you anything and be given an honest answer.”
“helped me find my strengths and skills. I usually only recognise my own weaknesses.”
“Calm and patient approach helped me realise what it was that I really wanted to do. I am happier for it.”